Groups, Groups, Groups!
    MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default Groups, Groups, Groups!

Ok, last month I asked for you to share your resources... Today, I am going to ask you for something a little more personal. Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit, and it won't embarrass you either!!
    Do you belong to a group that is in support of homeschooling? Do you meet for Park Days, or Parents night out, or maybe for science fairs, field trips, essay contests??
    We would love it if you would share the group with us. You can never have too much support, because homeschooling is hard work.
    If you belong to a homeschool group, whether it is homeschooling, unschooling, or faith based (hope I haven't left anyone out, but if I did it was unintentional--feell free to post and let me know) please post a response with the group name, its purpose, and contact information.
    I'm sure your fellow board members would appreciate the connection, and so would I.
    Thanks!!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

echternach5 is offline Junior Member Newbie

We do not belong to a group. My kids and I did at one point a coupe of years ago and while they enjoyed it, I found it to be very clikish and unaccepting and unequipped to handle children with "issues" i.e. Aspergers/bipolar disorders. I decided it was best to just find outside activities for the children myself.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I can certainly understand that. I have tried several groups over the last couple of years, one was very clickish as you said, another just went in a direction I was not interested in going, one got to be backstabbing and gossipy. Groups can be a very good thing though, and I will continue to seek out other like minded homeschoolers. Maybe not an official group, but just a couple of like minded people would be better than a whole group. Or maybe starting your own group (that is not just aimed at echternach5), a group that addresses your particular issues or interests. I sincerely appreciate you contributing and look forward to hearing more from you in the future.
    Happy homeschooling!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!