Need Help with Maryland (AAC) question for kindergartner homeschool
    cls7102 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Need Help with Maryland (AAC) question for kindergartner homeschool

hello

My son was recently at a private school in Maryland (AAC) and we were sort of forced (personal reasons) to withdraw home before the school ended. He was enrolled as a kindergartner and I was wondering do I need to complete an application for the county to homeschool him the rest of the year? I am going to start in April and May. I will also be homeschooling him next year as well. Do you know if I have to complete an application with the county to homeschool a kindergartner?

vwindmiller is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi! You do need to submit the application through the county so that they know you are completing the education at home. We are in private school in AAC too and will be homeschooling next year as well. It was a tough decision for us but one that my daughter has really been open to.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I think just to be safe you should submit the application. Your child might fall below the age limit, but no need to give the system reason to flag your actions. Better safe than sorry!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

soonika00 is offline Junior Member Newbie

If you do not send in the intent paperwork you could very well receive an excessive absence fine.