New To Homeschooling in Maryland
    Unregistered Guest

Default New To Homeschooling in Maryland

Hi All,

I am new to homeschool in Maryland. I pulled my 7 and 8 year old daughters out of public school. I would like to get an idea on how long I should teach each subject a day? Also, different ways to teach music and Physical education? Thanks in advanced for your help. This new adventure is very overwhelming to me.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Each state has its own homeschool laws. The first place to begin is your state's Department of Education website. Time4Learning encourages you to follow the homeschool laws in your state, but we do not oversee this.

Here is a great article called "How Long is a Homeschool Day?".

You might also be interested in the free Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

Lastly, here is some information by parents who are using Time4Learning to homeschool in Maryland.

In states that require counting hours or that require P.E., all of the following may legitimately be counted: 4H, Scouts, part time jobs, volunteer work, organized sports, backyard sports, playground play, music lessons, casual parental instruction in things like auto mechanics, cooking, or golf, and pretty much anything else you endeavor to teach your child.

Hopefully, this will get you started until a Maryland resident comes along.
    Last edited by hearthstone_academy; 08-16-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!