New On The Scene
    Team Harris is offline Junior Member

Default New On The Scene

Hi there! About a month into homeschooling and just wanted to connect and join the conversation.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome! What grades are your children in? I hope you will love homeschooling as much as we do. We have been homeschooling for more than five years now and really can't imagine any other way of life now.
    Feel free to ask any questions you might have, and also check out the Welcome to Homeschooling guide. You might find something there that can help you out!
    Again, welcome, and happy homeschooling!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Team Harris is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the welcome! We've had some hills to climb but my 3rd and 2nd graders and I are going with the flow. Almost gave up this week but we had a good chat and found out how we needed to tweak what we're doing to better meet their needs. Is there any regular gathering of MD T4L users that you know of?

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hey!
    I didn't realize that I had already "spoken" with you here, I sent you a welcome and invite to the Maryland forum in the Christian forum! You might also like to check out the Military Forum.
    I really don't know of a specific group that meets, however, you can check up on the internet for homeschool groups in Maryland. Sometimes there is a homeschool group centered around the base where you are stationed. You might also check your local library, sometimes the homeschool groups meet, or have classes/activities on the library calendar that you can sign up for.

It is fairly common to have bumps in the road when you start homeschooling, especially if your children were in another form of education (public school?) before. It often requires a decompression or transition period for the kids to learn to like learning again, and to understand that they can ask questions, or be faster or slower than the class. Hang in there, it gets smoother! (At least that has been my experience!)
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!