Ever been questioned about the dreaded “S” word? ::insert the mock sincerity:: “How will you socialize your child, keeping them at home all day, never letting them see the light of day or other people, treating them like mushrooms?”

Main Entry: so·cial·iza·tion
Variant(s): also British so·cial·isa·tion\ˌsōsh-(ə-)lə-ˈzā-shən\
Function: noun
: the process by which a human being beginning at infancy acquires the habits, beliefs, and accumulated knowledge of society through education and training for adult status

Source: Merriam-Webster OnLine Search

Ok….that being said, how many of you are NOT providing your children with socialization? :::looks around and sees NO hands raised::: That’s what I thought.
Now I have to ask, how is sitting in a classroom all day, with a bunch of other kids the same age, and standing in lines, silently, for everything from food to using the bathroom socialization?
Counting on my fingers, there were 8 “formal” instances of socialization for my child last week, that does not include informal things like Park Day or, dare I say it, the process of daily life. I’m probably going to be accused of being an angry homeschooling mom, but I think my method of socialization is better.

How do you handle socialization and why do you think your method works?

You have an opinion, I know you do, and I want to hear it really badly!!