Son just expelled
    Desperatately_looking is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Son just expelled

Hello,
    My son was just expelled from his high school and I don't think that the local high school is a viable option. I've just begun research on home schooling him. What are the regulations, steps needed to be taken? I've just begun research and any information that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
    Desperate and concerned parent

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi,
    I apologize for the delay, I thought I answered you, but apparently I didn't. So let me do that now.

Regarding the legalities of homeschooling in Maryland, let me direct you to A to Z Home's Cool Maryland Homeschool Laws. This states the law.
    It is not very difficult to homeschool in Maryland, but good record keeping is a must. Hopefully this will answer a lot of your questions regarding how you go about beginning to homeschool.

And since he is in high school, you should know that Time4Learning is PreK-8. However, I can offer Let's Homeschool High School which is a great sight for parents and high school students to find out about homeschooling high school. You will find curriculum suggestions, and forums for both parents and students. They even have a lot of great articles over there. Check them out!

I hope this answers some of your questions. If you need to talk more, or have questions or comments please feel free to post here. I wish you the best during this difficult time. Let us know how things go for you.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!