Umbrella

Thread: Umbrella

BrendaV2262 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Umbrella

I'd like to be under a homeschool umbrella. However, I don't know how to find one. We're in Washington County, Hagerstown, MD. Thank you.

Unregistered Guest

Default MD Umbrella - Many Paths of Natural Learning mpnl.org

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaV2262 View Post
    I'd like to be under a homeschool umbrella. However, I don't know how to find one. We're in Washington County, Hagerstown, MD. Thank you.
    We're fortunate to have found Many Paths of Natural Learning, website index and also a the main member communication list on yahoo groups is at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/..._Learning/info.

The MPNL umbrella includes a large, secular, highly diverse group of homeschoolers from every philosophy and background all over MD from western mts to eastern shore. Group field trips with other homeschool umbrella members have been to places like (TurkeyHill IceCream Experience where kids design own icecream flavor in lab and produce a tv commercial and product labeling, Disney Homeschool Days, Art Museums, Glass Art blowing workshops, historic Lincoln train rides, Baltimore Aquarium, duck pin bowling, laser tag, farm field trips...). They offer highschool transcript support and some celebrations for kids/teens and a graduation.

The experience of highly seasoned homeschool families has helped us up the learning curve faster. Discounted memberships to excellent curriculum (musiclearningcommunity.com has fantastic, fun, game based interactive music curriculum) and many other resources such as info about local co-ops or used curriculum sales.... have been other tremendous benefits. Management is relaxed and low stress, but also extremely knowledgeable, helpful, effective and supportive fellow homeschoolers.

Hope that helps.