New to This

Thread: New to This

Cool New to This

Hi All,
    I'm new to this homeschooling. I actually haven't started yet. I've registered and became a member but I'm exploring how to do the scheduling for the curriculum and all. Is anyone from the North Shore in Massachusetts? I could use some input/help/assistance and feedback
    Kathy

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Kathy, and welcome! Here is a great Welcome to Homeschooling guide. It can be a wonderful resource for new homeschoolers. There's also this Hints and Help page which can help you learn more about T4L (using the program, using the lesson plans and activity scheduler, etc).

You've probably already found the Massachusetts homeschool laws, but I wanted to put them here, just in case.

Unfortunately, I am not in your area. Hopefully some of our other members will chime in and you can connect. In the meantime, here are some sites where you can try to find a local group:

Homeschool World: Massachusetts Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups
    Homeschooling Support Groups in Massachusetts - Homeschoolfacts.com
    Homeschool Support Groups in Massachusetts

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you around, and hearing more about how your homeschooling journey is going.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

Default Reaching potential

Hi I'm new to this,
    After being exhausted by this totes backhand policies and children with different learning styles I am looking into homeschooling my dyslexic son.I find it odd tht we need the towns approval yet they have allwed my son o fil nd remin two years behind and they not have to be held accountable .I feel we know what's best for our CHILDEREN and to try something new might be what my son needs
    I'm in stoneham and I will be looking for a network to do things with to give my son some kid time along with learning.
    Feel free to contact me we can help each other try something new.
    Kristin
    [email protected] yahoo.com

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi I'm new to this,
    After being exhausted by this totes backhand policies and children with different learning styles I am looking into homeschooling my dyslexic son.I find it odd tht we need the towns approval yet they have allwed my son o fil nd remin two years behind and they not have to be held accountable .I feel we know what's best for our CHILDEREN and to try something new might be what my son needs
    I'm in stoneham and I will be looking for a network to do things with to give my son some kid time along with learning.
    Feel free to contact me we can help each other try something new.
    Kristin
    [email protected] yahoo.com
    Hello and welcome! Thanks for the introduction and the contact info.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!