New to Homeschooling. (post from older state group)
    katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default New to Homeschooling. (post from older state group)

1. learningathome7 - 12-02-2010, 08:27 AM - permalink
      Hi

I am new to homeschooling. I am working on the education plans for both my children ages 11 and 7, I am planning on using time4learning as a base and adding in other stuff as i see fit. In writing the ed plan is it best to write it or type it? Words of advice tips comments are welcome from all. Thanks for reading.
    2. bailbrae - 12-03-2010, 10:16 AM - permalink
      Hi learningathome7, and welcome!

I would always suggest typing, but that's because quite honestly I can type faster than I write and my handwriting isn't the neatest. Also, here is good website that might help you as well:

Tips for Writing Your Education Plan

Looking forward to "chatting" with you here!

Katie
    3. Sahara5642 - 12-03-2010, 12:25 PM - permalink
      Hello,
      I register with this site to get help out of school (extra help) for my 9 year old son. I really wish that I could homeschool my kid! Since English is my second language I afraid to mess with his education! recently I am thinking about hiring someone to teach him at home. How hard it is to homeschool a kid. He had ADHD and I am tired of teachers complaining about him all the time (his attention problem)! Against my wish we even tried medication for him but that made him even worse! there is nothing that we can do and in other hand since grade 3 (right now grade 4) he has been miserable at school. He is not mature for his age and is very sensitive!

Being honest with you I don't know even why I wrote all the above... maybe I needed somebody to talk to!

Thank you,
      Sahar
    4. bailbrae - 12-07-2010, 08:50 AM - permalink
      Hi Sahar! Sometimes we all just need someone to vent to.

The decision to homeschool can be a tough one, but it can also be the best decision you've ever made. I would like to recommend you check out the the state group here and read what everyone has posted, but there are some other great forums here at Time4Learning where you can get information and interact with other homeschoolers. Try the General Discussion forum and the Homeschool Questions forum to start out with.

Please feel free to post here if you have any other questions or would like more info.
    5. Daniyogurt - 02-25-2011, 07:05 AM - permalink
      Where are you located? I'm on the North Shore about 40 miles north of Boston.
    6. For My Kids - 03-09-2011, 06:35 PM - permalink
      Hi! I am new to Home schooling. came here out of necessity after a many unacceptable events at my 8YO sons school. This will be his last year there. I will take him out sooner, if I can wade through the process quickly enough this year.

I am so glad to find a resource like this!!
    7. bailbrae - 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM - permalink
      Hi For My Kids, and welcome! Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have...looking forward to hearing more from you!

Katie
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

Post i need to know

hi im srry bt i really need u to aswer my question i am 12 years of age and have two sisters one that is going on a senior, and one thats gonna be a freshman. if u might be wondering im going to be in 8th grae i know u might be saying ugh a lttle girl typing me...

i am an intelligent young girl, but i have been bullied sincce middle school anyways......

we all have been talking about home school and how my mom cn situate her work life, teacher life bt stil be a mother with the help of her children i thnk it will be very nice if u cn please responde and tell me wat we need to know. for my mother is very serious about this.. to help her children feel good inside and even comfortable while there learing please dnt ignore this. please send notices...policys coaution excedra to these emails..

im gnna list mines
    [email protected]
    [email protected]