1st Grade Decodable Stories
    Baylover is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default 1st Grade Decodable Stories

HELP.. my son wants me to print out the stories at the end of the LA lessons (ex. la035 or la036). I can see the print button but it only lets me print one page at a time. I was hoping to print the entire book in book format from a document. Any ideas here. I did not see any help on the hints/help section.

I did the one page at a time but it was time consuming.

Thanks.

Karen

OH MAMA Mary in case you see this... are you in Pinellas?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The books are designed to be printed one page at a time.

I can't think of a way to do it quicker. Anyone else?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Betty is offline Junior Member Newbie

I can help with this one! We do this all the time. DD loves having them printed and has learned how to position the paper in the printer for me so I don't have to keep getting up to take care of it.

Here's the way I do it using the print option on the "Think and Respond" story:

1. Print the title page. It should print on the top half of the page. I usually leave the other half blank unless there are an odd number of pages in the story. Fold this page in half. It becomes the "cover" for your book.

2. Skip the instruction page and print the first page of the story.

3. Turn the paper around (you may have to experiment with this for your printer) and put back in the printer so that the next page will print on the bottom half of the page.

4. Print the next page, then fold in half.

5. Continue in this manner (steps 2-4) until you get to the end of the book.

6. Print "The End" page. I try to work it out so that this is the on the inside because this becomes the back "cover" of your book. It doesn't always work out quite right, but most of the time it does.

7. Staple the pages together on the left to form a book.

When I first started trying to print the books, I was going through a very involved process, but felt it was important for my daughter to be able to read these stories to others. Then, I discovered the print icon on the Think and Respond stories. With a little experimentation, this is what I came up with. I used to have to go to the printer between each page to turn it and reinsert it, but then DD wanted to help, so I showed her how to do it. Now, she is always anxious to print out a new book and brings me each page when it is done printing so that I can fold it. With a little practice, it doesn't take very long to get it printed, though it is still more cumbersome than just hitting a button and printing the whole thing!

HTH,
    Betty