2nd grade Fractions Math test????
    carolynpt is offline Junior Member

Default 2nd grade Fractions Math test????

Hello!

I was previewing the 2nd grade Math Test on Fractions......one of the questions asks "what fraction of the animals are birds?" It then supplies the answers of the fractions in simplest form, which I don't think was shown in the "Mango's Pizza" animated lessons. Am I missing something???? See attached image....

Any suggestions would be great!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I went through all the fractions lessons. It does look like there is a lesson that explains equivalent amounts, but only as fractions relate to a whole: 3/3 = 1, 4/4 = 1, 6/6 = 1 and so forth. Sometimes there are test questions that are looking for whether a student can apply what they've learned to another similar concept, but I agree that would be a stretch for a second grader in this situation.

Time4Learning leases the curriculum, so they're limited to reporting errors. The developer updates the program on a regular basis. I'll report this. Thanks for letting us know, and please apologize to your student for the confusion.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

carolynpt is offline Junior Member

Thanks so much Kelly.

I will go ahead and give the test to my 2nd grader; we worked on a solution to solve this kind of problem. In the future, the test questions should apply to what they have learned in the animated lessons.....