5th Grade reading and Books
    poorbabi is offline Member Newbie

Default 5th Grade reading and Books

Other than the books they read in the lesson plans. Does T4L have a book list that is recommended for each grade? My daughter is just starting the 5th chapter in Lang. Arts and That starts the reading of An American Safari. I am getting the book even though it seems it is not always needed. I just wondered if there is another book list somewhere that is listed here in T4L.
    She read a lot independently but just want to make sure we have everything.

Lisa

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 5th Grade reading and Books

Hi, Lisa. The integrated language arts lessons include the necessary book excerpts . . . online with your student's lessons! It isn't necessary to purchase the books, although the lessons sometimes pique a student's interest and they ask to read the whole story. If you click on the very small link at the bottom of this page that says "fifth grade", you will find the books for the fifth grade core language arts program listed, along with sources to purchase them. Again, buying or borrowing these books is completely optional. All you really need is included in the online lesson.

Once in a while, the language arts EXTENSIONS will require a book. This happens very seldom, and there is not yet a book list for those occasions. When we encounter an extension lesson that requires a book, we just move on to the next lesson until I can obtain the book, and then return to the one we skipped. This hasn't been a problem for us.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

poorbabi is offline Member Newbie

Default Re: 5th Grade reading and Books

Thanks.
    Lisa