7th Grade Math
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 7th Grade Math

randiane is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default 7th Grade Math

I am a little confused.

The Math begins with Scientific Notation and Exponents. But in the Lesson Plan/Answer Key section, the first section is entitled Whole Numbers. Are these worksheets based on the first topic: 'Express whole numbers using exponents.?? If so, where do I access the worksheets to print?

Thanks! T4L is awesome!
    D Yahrmatter

Default Found It!!!

I found the sheets.... under Practice...!!!!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

To learn how the lesson plans relate to the little icons you see on your computer screen, it will be helpful if you have a printout of the lesson plans in front of you. Access your student's launchpad and click on each icon as it is mentioned below.

On the seventh grade math lesson plans, the first CHAPTER (shaded in grey) is called Number Systems. This corresponds to the first icon on the blue background that your student will see immediately after he logs in to Arithmetic from his launchpad.

The first LESSON in the Number Systems chapter is called Exponents. This corresponds to the first icon on the teal/green background that your student will see as soon as he clicks on Number Systems.

The fist LESSON ACTIVITY in the Exponents lesson is called Show Me. It's on a gold background and corresponds to Lesson Activity Number M7001 on your lesson plans.

All of the lessons are laid out like this. The chapters are on a blue background . . . lessons are on a teal/green background . . . and lesson activities are on a gold background.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

kyme36 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Found It!!!

Quote Originally Posted by randiane
    I found the sheets.... under Practice...!!!!
    How did you match up the "practice" sheets to the actual Chapters?
    Did you find a way to match the LA numbers for Chapters with the LA numbers for practice sheets?

Newbie here!

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Links to the worksheets (or "Resources") are found immediately beneath the lesson activity icon that they are associated with. Click here for an example.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default 7th grade Math

I still have not figured out how to match the practice sheets to her current math assignment. It can be quite frustrating. The practice sheets seem to be random and I lack patience when I go into the practice ICON to try and figure out which practice sheet belongs to which unit/assignment! Therefore she is missing out on the extra practice!

Default Resources or Practice Sheets

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    Links to the worksheets (or "Resources") are found immediately beneath the lesson activity icon that they are associated with. Click here for an example.

There seems to be no resource links in 7th grade math.. just an additional lesson icon that points to "practice sheets" I was hoping to find a easy method of matching the practice sheets to the lessons.

Thanks!

Default Exactly!

That is the problem! There is no resource link!

Blog Entries

I'm sorry. I didn't realize seventh grade math was set up like that. I THOUGHT at least one of my children had worked at every level in every subject . . . but I guess not.

The lesson activities and printables under the Practice icon don't specifically "go with" any of the previous lessons. In fact, the previous lessons are a complete math program, which doesn't include printable resources.

I would consider the activities under Practice to be similar to the language arts extensions . . . extra material, available for use if a student needs extra practice with a concept or if the student takes a special interest in some area and wants more. Or, if you don't want to feel you are "missing something", you could always have your student complete those lesson activities in sequence, once he reaches the Practice icon. Much of the material was introduced in lower levels and is intended for review.

Prior to August, 2007, there were only 168 math lesson activities in seventh grade math. Now, there are 339. A great deal of the Practice material was added in August.

Thanks for bringing this up. I learn something new every day.

Default Re: 7th grade Math

Quote Originally Posted by randiane
    I still have not figured out how to match the practice sheets to her current math assignment. It can be quite frustrating. The practice sheets seem to be random and I lack patience when I go into the practice ICON to try and figure out which practice sheet belongs to which unit/assignment! Therefore she is missing out on the extra practice!

Ok, so I had a couple hours to kill (yeah right!) and I started going throught the practice sheets and attempting to align them up to the actual chapters. I had some success with a few and others I just plain gave up on.. Here is what I found just in case you are still looking. Lord know you must have "examples" in your portfolio for the school board to see if they come looking..

Ok here goes.. however I make no promises to be right..just my own attempt to solve the problem.. hopefully I'm close on most! These are "resource" links for printable worksheets. I just picked 1 for most chapters just to "show" something. I really like the T4L program and would not bother if I could just print any of the math out.

7th Grade Math

Chapter Number systems
    skipped sorry.. we were past that one so did not bother

Rational Operations
    Estimate Whole Numbers Activity 76231/2

Number Theory
    Greatest common Factor Activity 76235/6

Ratio, Proportion and Percent
    Solve Proportions Activity 76256/7

Rational Numbers
    Haven't figured that one out yet.. sorry

Expressions and Equations