? about reports

Thread: ? about reports

Miss_Genesis is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default ? about reports

When I look at my dd's report, some things will show the green bar for "mastered", some show just the blue bar for "score" (I think) and some just say N/A.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? If they are not all green, does that mean they weren't mastered?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Some material is just for practice of a newly-introduced concept. It is not graded, so will say "NA". Material intended to demonstrate mastery will show a percentage grade. A score of 70% or higher is marked "mastered".

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Mommydynee is offline Junior Member Newbie

I'm using this post even though it is a few weeks old since it pertains to my problem.

I've been checking over the month for my dd. Though she has completed units in math and language, the report bar still shows blue. I had her repeat some quizzes. Will that keep it from showing "mastered"?

Is there a way for parents to put in grades for science and social studies? Are there plans to have these subjects show mastered and etc like math and LA?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The blue report bar means "score only" and will never turn to "mastered". These activities are not designed to measure mastery. The blue bar indicates scored material (usually covering one, recently-introduced concept) which is intended to show where the student might need additional practice before taking a quiz or test.

Quizzes and tests (and some lesson activities) ARE designed to show mastery and will be marked either red (not mastered) or green (mastered).

Re-taking a quiz will not affect the score on a student's previous attempts. Each attempt will be scored and that particular attempt will be marked mastered or not mastered.

The material within the science and social studies lessons is intended to TEACH, not to assess. The activities provide immediate feedback to the student. If the student answers incorrectly, the program prompts him to give the correct answer. These learning activities are not graded. Science and social studies quizzes and tests are graded. Be sure your student remembers to actually take the quiz at the end of each lesson and the test at the end of each chapter. His/her social studies and science grade will be the average of quizzes and tests and will show up on the report.

The curriculum used by Time4Learning is developed and maintained by CompassU, who generally provides it only to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license from CompassU to offer the curriculum to individual users. Therefore, Time4Learning is limited in the modification it can make (i.e. changing how science and social studies are graded).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!