After 15 years of homeschooling I found the right curriculum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    blesedby7 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default After 15 years of homeschooling I found the right curriculum

It's about time!!!!
    I LOVE this!! Homeschooling is now enjoyable not stressful and boring!
    I feel like we are getting somewhere. I am not spending hours of frusterating hours planning "fun" things to learn to keep my kids interested and not bored.
    I so wish I would have found this years ago. I just want to encourage anyone out there that while ALL curriculum has its faults including this one it is the best thing I have found and I have used ALOT of curriculum over the last 15 years.
    Finally a son who is very behind due to LD and ADD is picking up critical things that he missed along the way.
    I am VERY pleased.
    My only major complaint is "where is the high school curriculum?"
    I have my son who is in 9/10th grade using the 7th grade material because that is where he is at but I have no doubt he will quickly catch up.

My other children are moving forward quite nicely as well. I don't get the "do we HAVE to do school today" type attitude. I get the "mom can I do some school today" on a Saturday. WOOHOOO is all I can say.

Thank you T4L and I can only hope and dream that the high school one will come out eventually. This is it!!! I have kids of all ages and I have found "THE" curriculum to give them throughout their school years.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Michelle
    homeschooling mama to 7 children for the last 15 years and finally able to see above water again!

mandiana is offline Senior Member

Default Re: After 15 years of homeschooling I found the right curriculum

Isn't it great!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Well, Michelle, you feel exactly as I did, except it "only" took us ten years to find it.

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Sometimes I feel a little silly talking to other homeschoolers about our curriculum. Compared to what they are doing, this program is SO EASY both on me and the children. I don't believe I would have made it this far homeschooling w/o T4L. Our lives are just too hectic to implement the complicated lessons I have planned in the past. Homeschooling doesn't mean we're home all day every day. I love that T4L can be done when the kids have time and I can go back over their work when I have time, without losing paperwork or having to lug heavy files and books wherever we go. I agree, Time4Learning isn't everything for everyone, but for what it is, it rocks! \/
    Melissa.

Kess is offline Member

This is our first year HS also, and we are LOVING T4L!

I know a while back there was some discussion of T4L possibly making a 9 -12 grade program. Are they still working on this? If so, would it be anytime soon? My DD is doing 7th Grade right now and LOVING it! I would hate to think next year would be her last year using T4L.

Kess

scrapbookqueen41 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am so excited to finally find this. We love k-12 but I have to sit right there the whole time. I love that my son can work by himself on this. I have to work and my husband can not help My son because he is blind. It amazing that he can now do his school work when I am at work .

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blesedby7
    It's about time!!!!
    I LOVE this!! Homeschooling is now enjoyable not stressful and boring!
    I feel like we are getting somewhere. I am not spending hours of frusterating hours planning "fun" things to learn to keep my kids interested and not bored.
    I so wish I would have found this years ago. I just want to encourage anyone out there that while ALL curriculum has its faults including this one it is the best thing I have found and I have used ALOT of curriculum over the last 15 years.
    Finally a son who is very behind due to LD and ADD is picking up critical things that he missed along the way.
    I am VERY pleased.
    My only major complaint is "where is the high school curriculum?"
    I have my son who is in 9/10th grade using the 7th grade material because that is where he is at but I have no doubt he will quickly catch up.

My other children are moving forward quite nicely as well. I don't get the "do we HAVE to do school today" type attitude. I get the "mom can I do some school today" on a Saturday. WOOHOOO is all I can say.

Thank you T4L and I can only hope and dream that the high school one will come out eventually. This is it!!! I have kids of all ages and I have found "THE" curriculum to give them throughout their school years.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    Hi Michelle, I totally get it! We found Time4learning back in "2007" after ten years of homeschooling and all I could think of was why I hadn't found it sooner. We LOVE IT! After our first year with Time4Learning my children made HUGE academic gains. More in math than they EVER had before! WOO HOO! Welcome, I am so glad you're here;-)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

julieana is offline Junior Member Newbie

There is something called www.elearningk12.com. I have looked into it some and might use it if time4learning has nothing for the high school years. for 40.00 they will test your child to make sure they are being placed correctly and this is for homeschoolers also. Something to think about.
    Wild about Time4Learning

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Is the compass learning system available for high school through them? Based on their registration prices, I'm afraid what they charge to use the curriculum. Hopefully by the time we get to highschool if the kids are still homeschooling, T4L will have it available!
    Melissa.

julieana is offline Junior Member Newbie

The e-mail they sent me said it is only $50.00 a month. That is not to bad and you can cancel anytime. It is an option but hopefully by the time my daughter hits high school Time4learning will have it.
    Wild about Time4Learning

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast