Algebra

Thread: Algebra

aliciamoncur is offline Junior Member

Default Algebra

Is anyone using the Algebra curriculum?
    What is your impression?
    I have a 9th grader using Aleks at this time, and I was considering switching to T4L Algebra.

lindsay is offline Junior Member Newbie

My daughter is in 8th grade and has had trouble in algebra, so any helpful advice would be appreciated. Thank Angie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I've used the algebra program for two of my ninth graders. We also tried Aleks for about a month. Aleks is a lot like a textbook online. Time4Learning includes audio and interactive activities, such as the ability to manipulate pictures online to help yourself understand the concept. My kids liked Time4Learning much better. I was going to use the program my kids liked best, but I'll admit I was pleaseed they preferred Time4Learning, because I was able to have it added to their accounts at no extra charge and Aleks was $19.99/month JUST for the math.

Time4Learning algebra begins with VERY easy lessons designed to teach the student how to use the tools, but it progresses to more advanced concepts and it's worked great for my kids, who did great on the math section of their college entrance exams.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!