Am I the only one who uses T4L like this....?
    Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

Default Am I the only one who uses T4L like this....?

I see so many posts about how much needs to be done each day in each lesson. In my house we just do as much as we can before we just feel the need to move on. Either attention shifts or we have other things to get to. Whatever. Some days we do LOTS and LOTS some days we do just a couple of things. And then we have days were we don't even touch it.

Amazingly, with this relaxed approach, we start school in September and finish what I think is a year's worth in April and spend the summer relaxing and reviewing.

Anyone else work this way?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I started out that way. I enrolled one son, and he was so thrilled with the program that he did LOTS of lessons . . . until the novelty wore off. When I enrolled the rest of my kids, I decided to ration it! They are only allowed to do what I have outlined for them each day.

My children seem to retain small amounts of information, presented on a regular basis, better than when they try to digest too much at once.

Time4Learning is purposely very flexible, so you can do what works best for your children, in your situation. Looks like you've discovered the right method for your family.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You are NOT the only one, I assure you! I had just responded to another post about how my son does 5 or 6 lessons a day, and he just reminded me that now he has a pattern. He does one subject a day, and has been doing as many as 10 assignments a day ..."because it just makes more sense to me to do it that way, Mom." With my 5yo, I have to do the program with her, so I can only go about 45 minutes or so before my brain is exploding and I need to do something else. But, at her age, I think that is perfectly acceptable.
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!