Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

Default Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet

I bought Amazons Kindle Fire Tablet this week for $200. I very briefly tested a few things on T4L in my son's account. It works. I didn't buy it for that reason but I think its great that it seems to.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

That is cool! People have been reporting that the color version of Nook works, too.

Thanks for sharing that info!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Dinomom13 is offline Junior Member

I've been trying to decide between a Kindle Fire and a Nook Tablet for my daughter for Christmas. We test-drove both this week, and I'm leaning towards the Nook, since it has more memory to start with and an expandable memory slot.

I hadn't thought of her doing school that way, but that's a great idea and might make it more fun for her as well!

jm.swift is offline Junior Member Newbie

We have a NookColor and it does work on that too.

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinomom13 View Post
    I've been trying to decide between a Kindle Fire and a Nook Tablet for my daughter for Christmas. We test-drove both this week, and I'm leaning towards the Nook, since it has more memory to start with and an expandable memory slot.

I hadn't thought of her doing school that way, but that's a great idea and might make it more fun for her as well!
    Just be aware that the Nook does have more memory, but B&N set it up so that you can only put THEIR content on all but a bit of it. I can't remember the last time I put something on a memory card other than photos so for me, this just isn't anything I really even think about. So there is actually a lot more room on the Kindle for your own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Momma Crystal View Post
    Just be aware that the Nook does have more memory, but B&N set it up so that you can only put THEIR content on all but a bit of it. I can't remember the last time I put something on a memory card other than photos so for me, this just isn't anything I really even think about. So there is actually a lot more room on the Kindle for your own stuff.
    That's good to know. Now I'm back to square one - decisions, decisions.

moenmitz is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have not been able to get T4L to work on our new Kindle Fire. Is there some special app I need to download first? I can get to the website, but none of the animation plays and nothing happens when I try to start a lesson or watch a demo.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The Kindle Fire's default setting is to disallow Flash. You need to go into the settings and enable Flash before it will work with Time4Learning.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

journey00 is offline Member

Very Very cool!!!

I received a Nook tablet for Christmas and it's amazing what all we can do on such a compact device! We particularly enjoy "The Smithsonian Channel."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast