Annoying is a good thing
    aryals is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Annoying is a good thing

We just started t4l yesterday and there's one thing I really like: it bugs you to death if you pick the wrong answer by accident in practice. My son gets careless about his answers. He's really bright but he tends to score lower than his ability because he just picks the first thing that seems like it might be right or he's just a tad sloppy. When he kept picking the wrong answers in the rounding section of math he had to listen to the explanation every time. That'll keep the kid in line!

It's nice that there's something that slows him downs and makes him stop to think. It's frustrating for him, but just enough to make him try to avoid it in the future.

I'm sure there are times when annoying is just annoying, but for once it's a good thing.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Annoying is a good thing

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

that's awesome!! welcome to the group!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aryals
    it bugs you to death if you pick the wrong answer by accident in practice. My son gets careless about his answers. He's really bright but he tends to score lower than his ability because he just picks the first thing that seems like it might be right or he's just a tad sloppy. When he kept picking the wrong answers in the rounding section of math he had to listen to the explanation every time. That'll keep the kid in line!

Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Amaradevinmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

My son just did a rounding lesson yesterday also and he is like yours. He will go to fast just to get it done. He kept getting upset at it so I told him to slow down and then he did fine. I will remind him of that next time he tries to speed through something.

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Love it!
    Melissa.

scrapbookqueen41 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have to remind my son to read all the answers before he answers it. It drives me batty. He jsut wants to get DONE!