I began homeschooling last year when my son who is now 4 proved "too smart" for the local preschools and Montessori. Who would have thought that intelligence would be a detriment. He loves T4L!! I have a hard time limiting his time, seems like every time I turn around he's back on the computer. I spoke to a woman at the Davidson Institute(support for gifted children)and she told me it known as the "rage to learn" and there really isn't much I can do about it.

I made several phone calls to the folks at T4L (they are wonderful!)to get started as I really had no idea what "grade" my son should be placed in. He is an excellent reader, writes short stories, structures sentences etc. He is also very good in math. However he has had virtually no exposure to science and social studies. We decided to start the program set to 2nd grade which would give him access to science and social studies and away we went!

My son has been on the program a little over a week now and it's been terrific! Although some of the stuff is review, I realize now that there were so many things that we skipped, especially in math. It never occurred to me that doing ordered pairs was for 2nd grade etc. At the same time my son loves the fact that every screen is something different, not repitition of the same thing over and over.

Accidental Homeschooler, Yes! Happy Homeschooler, Yes!!