Another Newbie

Thread: Another Newbie

Mom2Josiah is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Another Newbie

Hello all-
    I have found your posts very interesting. I have a few questions. If they have all ready been answered please direct me to the place I need to find the answers.

1. My son is being homeschooled. Abekka was too fast for him. Time 4 learning we have done for only a week. He seems to like it. However, we have started so late in the year. Any suggestions on how we should handle this? I was planning on having him to work through the year then when he gets through putting him in this next grade. He is in the 6th grade now.
    I have a feeling that we will be going back and catching some 5 th grade material up too.

2. What is there after 8th grade?

Thanks for your help. We have not been in it long enough to decide if it is going to work on him. He has had trouble with the computer and such. I have ordered him a new one.

Thanks
    Vicki

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

My advice... don't worry about the late start. Who says when school is supposed to start or finish in a year? Who says what he needs to accomplish in a year. That is up to you. Do as much as he is comfortable with each day and that is that. If he seems to need some time off at some point, take it (whether that be summer or spring or fall or winter). He'll be fine! And going back to do catch up in previous grades is awesome! He couldn't do that so easily in other learning environments.

After 8th grade? I don't think there is Time 5 Learning after that. But the families here with older kids usually have great suggestions.

Mom2Josiah is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks for the advice. I guess I was worried for nothing. So it doesn't matter that he is starting 6th grade over? He may not finish 6th grade until the fall. That sounds good to me. I was so worried about rushing him.

I appreciate the advice.

Vicki

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

He can start 6th grade from the beginning if that seems to be where he is at. He can start 5th grade if that works. He can start 7th grade if that is what works. Put him where he needs to be! That is the beauty of it. Heck you can have him do 5th grade reading and 6th grade math and 7th grade science - or whatever. Tailor it to his level.

That being said. I don't know where you live. Are their any reporting requirements in your state. Usually these are relaxed enough that you can still do what I suggested. But you just might want to keep them in mind.

Welcome to a whole new world!