another newbie that needs help
    littlehonies5 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default another newbie that needs help

Sorry, I guess I'm dense or too tired, lol...
    I've looked through recent threads, I've read the getting started guide,,,I don't see any arrows pointing my daughter towards what subjects/assignements to do. We just signed up this morning, will those be on tomorrow? Or do I need to do something to have assignments circled for her? She's doing the upper level work if that makes a difference.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

She'll need to click on a subject icon first (such as math, language arts, etc.). THEN she will see the arrow.

The arrow marks her place within each subject. It doesn't tell her which subjects to do when. The parent makes that decision. I just tell my kids, "Do two math, one language arts, one language arts extension, two science and one social studies per day," or something like that, depending on how many activities are available at that grade level. I divide the number of activities in a subject by the number of days in our school year to get an idea of how many a day they need to do to gte through it in a year. I actually calculate using about twenty fewer days than our actual school year, to leave room for unexpected things, like sick days or lessons that my child finds challenging and needs extra time to do.

The Assignments function (where assignments are circled) isn't used. Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license that allows them to offer it to individuals. Because the Assignments function was designed to be used in a classroom, it isn't something of use to individuals. Here's just a little bit of information about the Assignments function.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!