Any news on High School version yet?
    Kess is offline Member

Default Any news on High School version yet?

Hello All,

I havenít really posted much this year, but Iíve been checking the board regularly. As the school year is coming to an end Iíve been wondering, and hoping, if there is any new info on a high school version of T4L? I know this question has been addressed several times in the past and it was mentioned that Compass Learning was considering it, so I was just hoping for any updates regarding this. My daughter is in 8th Grade this year and sadly this will be our last year with T4L . Iím not interested in a virtual high school, Iím really looking for something like T4L.

Kelly, any news on Compass Learning? Or has anyone found a similar program for high school?

Kess

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Although everyone at T4L keeps their eyes and ears open for high school options, there aren't any immediate plans to add high school.

I actually prefer a more customized curriculum for my high school students. If you think about it, high schoolers generally pick and choose what they want to study. They may be required to have three language credits to graduate, but they can choose what they want to do to fulfill those credits. They might take English literature for one credit, Creative Writing for another, and so forth. For that reason, I LOVE Time4Writing for my kids' high school language study.

For the same reason, I also like the Thinkwell videos for high school. You can get them at a discount from Homeschool Buyer's Co-op. We have also used some of the Plato science lessons, also available at a discount from Homeschool Buyer's Co-op.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Robin is offline Senior Member

We are using Keystone National High School for high school...but I found this a while back:
    Services

They use Compass Learning for high school.

Skool Time is offline Senior Member

Kess is offline Member

Thank you all for your responses, I really appreciate it. I've been searching on my own as well, but it's a bit overwhelming. So, I like to hear what others have found. I will check out all of the suggestions. If anyone else has found others, please post.

Thanks again,
    Kess

tnhomeschoolmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Don't forget to check out online courses through local community colleges. Often they are much cheaper (usually half price) for high school students plus they serve as dual credit (both high school and college). Believe it or not, the work isn't that much more demanding. Also, I think in some states Pell Grant and Lottery funds (if avaiable in your state) will help cover the expenses.