Assigments and Odyssey Writer Question....
    manuelsmum is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Assigments and Odyssey Writer Question....

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new here and have a questions about assignments.... are they for upper levels only? Also is the odyssey writer for upper grades as well? Just curious. Thank You

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Be sure and read the hints. There's lots of helpful information there.

The assignments function is only used by schools; not individuals. Odyssey Writer is used in grades three and above. It pops up when the student is given a writing assignment.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

manuelsmum is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you

I have one more question,

Does T4L have a list of all the reading material that is used with the program besides the scores or the curriculum plan?

Sorry for asking to many questions and thank you for your time.

Blog Entries

I like answering questions.

There are no books required to be used with Time4Learning.

In science and social studies, any of the books listed are suggestions for extra reading about subjects the student may be particularly interested in. When my kids reach a suggested reading list, I have them highlight the text, hit Control+P, select Print Selection, and print the lists. When we go to the library, we might pick up a few of them. Most of the time, we don't. Sometimes, a student's studies will spark a special interest in some subject. The book lists are provided for those occasions.

If you click on your child's language arts grade level at the bottom of this page, you will see an overview that includes a list of books. Excerpts from these books are included in your child's language arts program, to be read online. The excerpt provided with your student's lessons is all that is necessary. Some parents and students have expressed an interest in reading "the whole book", so Time4Learning has found sources where families may purchase most of them. This is not required.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

blikos is offline Junior Member Newbie

Do you think the assignment function will ever be available to individuals? That is the one area where I feel T4L is lacking. I would love to be able to schedule out my kids lessons online. I do it now for them with broad goals for what I would like to see them finish each week but one of my kiddo's is so schedule orientated that the assignment feature would be a real blessing!

Blog Entries

Most of the curriculum provided by Time4Learning is owned by CompassU, which only offers it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license that allows them to offer the curriculum to individuals. The Assignments function was designed to be used in a classroom.

Is it not working for your student to follow the flashing arrow? I just tell my kids "do two language arts, two math, one science, and one social studies LA". If the LA is followed by a quiz or test, they take that, too. It makes it so easy for me.