Assigning lessons. Is this possible?
    KatherineNaomi is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Assigning lessons. Is this possible?

Hi,
    We just started using Time4Learning this week and have been very happy with it. I'm finding the site pretty easy to navigate but there's one thing I'm stuck on.

I'm wondering if there is someplace that I can assign all the different lessons that I want my son to do in a day so after he finishes a lesson they'll move him along to the next assigned activity.

For now I've been sitting with him while he's doing his work and starting up each lesson myself. Is there an easier way?

Thanks!

Kate

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Kate. Welcome!

Be sure to check out the Hints. You should find the information really helpful.

Also, I'm pasting some info from the login page below:

To start, log in as child and you’ll see a series of subjects to pick. You pick what subject to start with and click on that icon (many parents do one language arts and one math exercise every day). Then you’ll see chapter icons . The blinking yellow arrow will show you which folder and lesson to start with. After completing a learning activity, the arrow will advance pointing you towards the next one.

The blinking arrow works if you want your student to complete the activities in sequence (as most families do). If you have been skipping around, your arrow may be confused at this point! As soon as your child has completed all of the activities up to the arrow's current location, it will start working correctly for you.

To make sure your arrow always points to the next lesson, be sure your student is familiar with how to properly exit activities. Click here for instructions.

Some parents want to customize their student's program. To do that, access the Lesson Plans. Choose the activities you want your student to work on and input their LA numbers as explained here.

Most families spend a couple of weeks getting accustomed to a new curriculum. Please feel free to ask questions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thanks. I've read the hints and I think I understand what you've stated above.
    What I would like to be able to do is before my son starts his work pre-enter which lessons I want him to do for that day. For example, if I could enter the Learning Activity #'s for the lessons I want him to do (ex. Language Arts, Math and Science). That way when he completes his Language Arts it would automatically take him to his Math lesson, and when he finishes that it would take him to his Science. Is this possible??

Blog Entries

No, the subjects work independently.

I just tell my children to do, for example, two language arts activities, two math activities, one science activity and one social studies activity every day.

Time4Learning users who are familiar with other computer-based curriculums are sometimes confused at first because it is so EASY for the parent. I used a CD program once and my children couldn't even get started until I had set up individual calendars for each of them and mapped out their assignments. With Time4Learning, that isn't necessary, as it's designed to be self-running.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thanks for clearing that up!! We're loving our Time4Learnng experience so far. We've done half a year of Calvert 1st grade and we were so burned out we had to try something new. I've found the Time4Learning material so much better than Calvert. It's more thorough and has covered some important basics that Calvert just didn't include. I actually started him back at the beginning in math because there were some basic math principals that were never even touched upon in Calvert. I'm so happy to have found this website!!

Blog Entries

I did that, too. I started my older kids at lower levels and had them go through it at a fast pace, just so they wouldn't miss out on anything.