Assignment folder
    miinjune is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Assignment folder

Hi all, I'm new to Time4learning and was wondering what exactly should I do for the assignments folder? I see how to generate reports but don't understand the assgnmts folder. It says there is nothing in there. What does that mean? Thanks

Liz

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Assignment folder

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license that allows them to offer it to individuals. Time4Learning has repackaged the program somewhat, to make it usable by families. A couple of the features were designed specifically for classroom use, and are not functional on Time4Learnintg. Odyssey Writer grading and the Assignments function both fall into that category.

Time4Learning has provided the flashing arrow for students to keep their place in the program. Students merely need to log on, choose a subject (such as math or language arts) and click wherever the arrow is pointing until they get to a lesson activity.

Click on the Help Getting Started and Hints & Help buttons at the top of this screen. Those areas are full of valuable information. Feel free to post questions as they occur.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

miinjune is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks Kelly

moblessed is offline Junior Member Newbie

Good morning, I read the string above, I am still not sure how to go about creating assignments. I have been using T4L for about 4 months now for my 6th and 2nd graders. I don't always just want them to follow the arrows, is there a way to create the assignments for them? I have searched the help section and just see where it says how to see the assignments, I have not seen how to create them. Any help you can offer would be so very appreciated!

Monique~

graywolf2736 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Monique,

I don't believe that Time 4 Learning allows you to make a modified order to the curriculum within the program. Your best bet would be to create a weekly planner for each child identifying which lesson you would like them to complete. You can find some good weekly planners at the following site:

http://www.donnayoung.org/forms/planners/planner.htm

Erika

Blog Entries

You cannot create assignments online that will affect where the arrow points. If you choose to not follow the recommended sequence, you will disregard the arrow. You can either access your chosen lessons through the launchpad or by inputting the lesson activity numbers into the Activity Finder.

People who are not following the recommended sequence usually print the lesson plans and do their planning by writing dates next to the lesson activity numbers or use a planner like the one referred to above.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

moblessed is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you, Kelly!

rhemaacademy is offline Junior Member

I would love to to find out how the assignments function works. I use another paid program that is intended for schools that works very well for me because I hs several children which could be considered a class. The benefit I receive from that program is that I can see my child's progress as it pertains to total # of assignments, assignments completed, remaining assignments to complete their level/grade as well as a history of all their work.

Blog Entries

The way it is set up, the "class" would include every member of Time4Learning. T4L is one class . . . for software purposes.