Assignments

Thread: Assignments

rmorris is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Assignments

When are assignments given to the student? Does this start at a certain grade? Is it something the parent is supposed to set up? Is it part of the program and it will happen on it's own?

Thanks so much!!
    Racquel

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Because the "Assignments" function was intended to be used by a classroom teacher, it isn't designed in a way that makes it usable to individuals. Instead, Time4Learning provides a flashing arrow to point your student on his or her way!

Your student just needs to log on and select a subject icon (i.e. math, language arts, etc.). Then, he clicks on the icon the arrow is pointing at and continues clicking where the arrow points until he reaches an activity. (The arrow will first access the correct chapter, then the correct lesson, and, finally, the correct lesson activity.)

I just tell my kids something like, "Do one math, two language arts, one science, etc. each day."

Be sure to read the Getting Started Guide and all of the Hints. They are very helpful!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

rmorris is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks so much for the help. I really do like the arrows. We have been using T4L for about 6 months now I think. I just wanted to make sure I didn't do anything wrong in sign up.

I was wondering is T4L working on expanding their program for high school? I think T4L is one of the best programs on the market. My boys really love it especially the pop-up message that tell them good job and other motivational messages. I can only keep my fingers crossed by the time we reach HS T4L will have a program available ;0)

Thanks again!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm glad your boys are enjoying their lessons. School is so much easier when it's FUN!

You have lots of company when it comes to keeping your fingers crossed for high school.

Time4Learning continues to explore options for providing a high school level. They aren't close enough to finding a workable solution to the high school dilemma to be able to say when it might be done.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!