Assignments

Thread: Assignments

melinda is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Assignments

At what point do assignments start being given?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Melinda. Be sure to read the Hints, as well as the information at the bottom of your student's login page.

The Assignments function is only used by schools.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

cheermom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Assignments

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    Hi, Melinda. Be sure to read the Hints, as well as the information at the bottom of your student's login page.

The Assignments function is only used by schools.
    Hello, will there ever be more written work? I like the fact that the lessons are online however; I feel that she needs more written practice on Math/LA/LA ext. etc. Will you ever add this for home moms, like you are doing for schools?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You can find printable worksheets as explained here.

You can also find and print the worksheets by logging in as a parent. After you are logged in, click on Time4Learning Lesson Plans under the"Additional Resources" heading. Locate the grade and subject you are interested in. Available worksheets are indicated by an icon with a "W" in the "Worksheet" column. Check out the "Guides" column, too. Many of the Guides have worksheets with them.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Carla is offline Member Regular

I do not know for all the grades/levels, but my daughter, in fifth grade, has had assignments in many of her activities. Some of the assingments have been writing a summary paragraph, making a chart or table of words with prefixes and suffixes, witing up an experiment, and mapping area being studied in social studies. None of these assignments show up on lesson plans. The only way I first knew about them was while my daughter was doing her T4L lesson and came across them. Now I try to preview each lesson a few days ahead of time. Sometimes it is important to do this so that you can have the needed items ready, like today in science my daughter needs magnets to do the given activity. By going through ahead of time I can make sure things needed are pulled from the homeschool closet or if need be purchased. I must say that I have not had to purchase anything as of yet, all items called for are things that most homeschoolers have in the house anyway. (I am sure a lot of us own a small science store and can supply the local library with books and videos)

I need to edit my statement about the assignments not showing on the lesson plans. On the new lesson plans they do show as a non-graded item. It doesn't let you know what type of assignment though, that you need to look into the lesson for info.