A belated 'hello'
    paglia is offline Junior Member

Default A belated 'hello'

Hello! We're not all that new to T4L as my boys and I have been using the program for a couple of months now.... But I thought I should introduce myself. Better late than never, right?

We've got four kids total -- two boys aged 8 and 9, two girls aged 3 and 1 -- and this is our first year homeschooling. We started a couple of weeks after the last day of the regular school year -- and we have tried everything under the sun at least once now.

I wish I had found T4L sooner. I absolutely LOVE the site. Every now and then I run into someone in the grocery store who raises an eyebrow to say 'You're using an internet-based program for homeschool?' as if it sounds too easy to be good. I suppose it's part of the fear of the internet in general that so many people still have.

Being a bit of a technogeek myself -- I am not afraid. The boys had their own computers on the home network by the age of three... We do our Christmas shopping solely on the internet... We have sold a home through a website and bought a car on Ebay... Oh, and my husband and I met on the internet. It's only natural that we would use it heavily for our homeschool curriculum - isn't it?

Anyway - thanks for letting me introduce myself.. and I'm looking forward to talking to you all on the forum.

Hugs! -- Anita

Linn is offline Member Regular

Welcome to the forum Anita!

I enjoyed reading your story in the "Share Your Stories" thread. It really put into perspective what's important in education (and in life)!

What your family endured during and after Hurricane Katrina is AMAZING. Yet, despite the hardships, your children are learning so much. They are documenting a historic event and they are helping their neighbors, even as they themselves are in need. They are working to help rebuild their own homes and lives. These are things they couldn't possibly learn sitting behind desks in a classroom!

You must be very proud of them!

Linn

PS: While your children were in school, the fact that some of their uniforms were not ship-shape or that a homework assignment was not turned in on time, regardless whose fault it was, should have been pretty insignificant in light of the circumstances. Sometimes, schools just don't "get it" do they?

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Anita! A belated 'welcome' from one technogeek to another 8)

Kris C.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

paglia is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the welcomes, Linn & Kris! I don't get to check the forum too often because... well... because the kids are always using the computers. *giggle*