books for LA-help please!
    momto5 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default books for LA-help please!

New here! Just starting on Monday. I was wondering about reading in LA. When we're doing Black Beauty(or stallion-I can't remember) do we need the book as well or is everything provided there? If it only includes excerpts, I thought maybe that could be our book we read each AM. Any answers and comments would be great! T

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: books for LA-help please!

The lesson is based around the excerpts that are provided. You don't need the booik.

That said, the excerpts sometimes pique a student's interest and they WANT to read the entire book . . . and some parents do like to use them for other reading, as you have suggested. Because of this, Time4Learning has tried to find sources for most of the books. At the very bottom of this page, you will find very small links that say "First Grade", "Second Grade" and so forth. Click on the grade your student is using for language arts and a level overview will open that will include sources for the books.

To make sure it's clear . . . the program is designed to be used only with the book excerpts included. If you want to add the whole book as an "extra", that's just fine.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!