Brand New to Time4Learning...questions
    mdc5998 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Brand New to Time4Learning...questions

Hi! I just registered my son for this online curriculum and was wondering a few things. First, my son currently attends a public school where I teach, but he is suffering from Crohn's Disease, and has already missed about 1/2 of the school days due to hospitalizations, doctor visits, lab work, medical procedures, or illness. I need to make a change for him and I, and I am hoping that by homeschooling him for the remainder of the school year, he will not be so stressed out over all of his make-up work, as stress adds to his disease symptoms.

My questions are the following:
    Is this program going to teach him all he needs for his current grade? He is in the sixth, but I fear that he is not learning what he will need for future grades because of his sporadic attendance. Does this program align to state standards?

What should I do to supplement his education to ensure he will learn the necessary skills for the next grade? Does anyone use a program to offer a more rounded curriculum, or does this program hit all necessary skills?

Last, has anyone used this program and gotten approval from local public schools? In my state, if one is going to home school, they must submit their curriculum to the local public school to get approval of the curriculum. Does anyone foresee any problems with me doing this as far as this curriculum matching what the public schools are teaching?

Thanks for your help! I am eager to begin and plan on starting my son out after Christmas break. I am hoping the home atmosphere for learning will allow his medical issues to subside, at least a little. My son is excited as well!

Michelle

Stephanie739 is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Brand New to Time4Learning...questions

Welcome! Time4Learning is a complete curriculum. I submitted my daughter's reports to the county superintendent for his assessment, and received, very quickly, an approval to continue as is. No questions were asked and no recommendations for additional assignments were given. It really is a great program.
    ~Stephanie

mom to:
    Tori (13)
    Meghan (9)
    Andy (5)

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Brand New to Time4Learning...questions

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license that allows them to offer it to individuals. The program is aligned to state standards and is used in many schools.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!