Can "completed" icons be reverted back?
    lauramacf is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Can "completed" icons be reverted back?

We used T4L as a supplement last year, and my daughter fiddled around in multiple grade levels and "completed" a number of chapters, but she didn't really master them or do the tests, etc. Now it's time for her to *really* do those lessons, and I'm wondering if it is possible to have all her lesson icons reverted back to the original state. It's not a must-have kind of situation, it would simply be easier to convince her that she has to do the work if the check-mark icons aren't there!!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, no. You can cancel her account and start a new one, but you lose all history that way.

I had the same challenge at one time. I printed the lesson plan, wrote in where the tests and quizzes appeared, and just had my daughter check off each thing as she completed it, until she reached the point where she could use the arrows again.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

lauramacf is offline Junior Member Newbie

My daughter and I just had a talk about this. She was very reluctant to do work that she felt she had already completed, but then I told her about the gold stars that show up when she has really learned the material and she got excited (so nice that she is still motivated by gold stars!)

She agreed to take the Chapter Test for one of the "completed" levels, and missed some of the problems. I was so happy to see that the program automatically applied gold stars to the lessons she mastered, but not to the ones she missed answers for. You should have seen the look on her face. She very eagerly started in on one of the lessons that didn't have a star.

I don't think we're going to have a problem motivating her to redo that work now, nor to do the quizes and tests (which she routinely skips). Yahoo! Some of it may even rub off on her older brother!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Ah, the power of a gold star! That's probably why teachers have used star stickers for so many years.

Glad you got this worked out.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!