Can I assign my child work from the parent area?
    roubiont is offline Junior Member

Question Can I assign my child work from the parent area?

I can't figure out how to do that if it's possible. I wish time 4 learning would only show him per day what I have assigned for him or at least allow him to click a link to something. I see there is a button for assigned projects, but I can't figure out how to do it. Help!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! The curriculum used by Time4Learning was developed for use in public schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license allowing them to offer it to families and individuals. Many of the classroom functions are designed for multiple students, but Time4Learning has provided alternatives.

Instead of the Assignments tab, families use the Activity Planner within the parent login, at the lower right.
    Instead of the Gradebook, families use the Student Reports, available within the parent login. Click on your student's name under Student Reports and Information, and then click on Get Student Reports.
    Instead of the colored pass/fail bars within the Student Reports (which apply to an entire classroom's performance), families use the numerical percentage scores (which apply only to their student).

Here are detailed instructions for using the Activity Planner. It does not affect which lessons are visible to your student. It generates a To-Do list that your child can either check off as each item is finished, or the system will check it off automatically at 1:00 AM each day.

I hope this helps. Time4Learning can add helpful tools for families, such as the planner but, since they do not own the program, the tools can't interact with the lessons themselves. The planner is sort of like handing your student a textbook and telling him, "Read chapter six and answer the questions on page 212," instead of tearing chapter six out of the textbook and handing it to him.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!