Can you re-do quizzes if the child doesn’t pass?
    tnrs0106 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Can you re-do quizzes if the child doesn’t pass?

We have been using T4L since Aug. now and LOVE IT! This is the 1st time I’ve come across this problem. My son recently took a quiz and he didn’t pass – the status says not mastered. Is there a way I can have him go back and retake the quiz? If not what do I do about the “not mastered” status? Thanks for any and all help

-RJ-

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Can you re-do quizzes if the child doesn’t pass?

He can retake the quiz/test of he doesnt pass. Just go back and click on it again. The only issue is that while he will get a better score if he passes, the old score is still in his records and cannot be removed and will factor into his average. What I do is at the end of the year, I take all non-passing grades out and re-do the average myself.
    As for the "mastering" part, I think they have to get 80% or higher to get the MASTER star. So, it depends upon what you consider passing in your house. In mine, 70% is fine with me. We do MASTER them most of the time, but on occassion there have been tests(6th grade science) that were SO hard that even DH and myself had trouble with the questions. And we were just happy to have passed and move onto something else.
    Hope this helps!

tnrs0106 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you ~ yes it does help! So if I understand correctly the first score will stick in his averages and he will be unable to obtain a MASTER star but he can still pass the section?

Thank you for your help!

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

You got it!
    And he may still be able to get a Master star but not sure. I think we have totally messed up a test and redone it and ended up with a Master star but not positive.
    Glad it helped!

Sams Grandma is offline Junior Member Newbie

Sam has attention issues which interfere with the learning process so I sit with him to ensure attention/mastery. If we start a quiz and he is not understanding/doing well we quit the quiz and use the back arrow so we can come back and redo the lesson until there is mastery and then we retake the quiz. As feeling successful is so key to him remaining engaged in the learning process we are not risking "failed" tests. May be overteaching but he is doing so much better in just one month that it is amazing.
    Sylvia