Changing the Activity Scheduler
    Veganlicious is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Changing the Activity Scheduler

Hi all,

I recently changed the science grade level of one of my children and want to implement the new lessons into my current activity scheduler without having to create a whole new one (it took awhile). Is it possible to edit an existing schedule to adopt a new grade level for a specific subject?

If anyone can help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much and have a fantastic day!

~Veganlicious~

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Once saved, these can't be edited. A new one needs to be created. This is a fairly new tool with new functions added regularly, so hopefully we will be able to do this eventually.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

When I tried to create a new schedule it made us start all the lessons over, is there a way to get back to where you had progressed to? Instead of starting at lesson 1, we should be starting lesson 4, but when creating a new schedule it wants to make us start at lesson 1 again. Is there anyway around that?

TwiMom is offline Junior Member

Following.

We have not purchased yet. We are suppose to have free trial til the 13th but the activity scheduler is no long available to us. So I am not sure I want to use something that we don't get our whole trial and not sure I like not being able to create new schedules and having to start things over.?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

TwiMom, all of the functions are available to you during your trial period. Log in to your parent account, click on the Student Records tab, and select Activity Scheduler.

If you have already completed some assignments and want to make a new schedule, you can select the lesson number where you want your new schedule to begin. You do not have to start at lesson one. You can start AND end at a different lesson number for each subject.

Within the scheduler, there are videos to explain how it is used. Here, also, are step-by-step instructions for its use.

The scheduler is an optional tool which is quite new. Before the scheduler, parents looked at the lesson plans for each subject and noticed how many lesson activities that subject contained at that grade level. They then compared that number to the number of days in their school year to come up with how many lesson activities their student needed to do each day. Some parents still prefer to do it that way, while others enjoy using the scheduler. It's up to you. Time4Learning provides a lot of resources, but you aren't obligated to use any of them.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!