Changing Grade Level ?
    smoepick is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Changing Grade Level ?

My son is in grade 4, but he has a difficult time with spelling and I need him to use the grade 3 spelling. Does anyone know the way to change his grade level back to grade 3 without having to do a permanent grade change? The standard instructions of logging in as student, clicking on the subject and then clicking on the desired grade, does't work. That only allows me to change to grade 5 and 6. Any help is greatly appreciated.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome!

Since grade three is in the lower school, and grade four is in the upper school, you can't make the change yourself.

You'll need to request a change by clicking on the link at the top of this page, or by logging in as a parent.

There are only three third grade spelling lessons, though, and they are not formatted the way the fourth grade is. They are animated, and designed to be done in one sitting. They are compound words, homophones, and contractions.

You might consider trying http://www.spellingcity.com . The site provides a way to practice spelling lists. For a list, many parents have had success with pulling several misspelled words from their student's writing each week. Or, a search will find spelling lists all over the Internet.

I hope you find a good option for your son.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

smoepick is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thank You

I think I'll research the internet for third grade spelling words and go from there. I found a site called edHelper that looked like a great place to start and not too expensive. I'm pretty new to home schooling and need all the help I can get in establishing a curriculum. Thanks again..........Carie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

EdHelper is great. We use it (along with Time4Learning).

Look at http://www.spellingtime.com .

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!