Chapter Tests for 2nd Grade LA
    jsogden is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Chapter Tests for 2nd Grade LA

It looks like there are suppose to be Chapter Tests in Language Arts (2nd grade). My son has completed 3 chapters now, but I do not see that he has taken any Chapter Tests. I tried running a report to just look for Chapter Tests, but nothing showed up. I then decided to look in some of the chapters/activities, but still couldn't find them. Am I missing something? Where are the Chapter Tests?

Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Chapter Tests for 2nd Grade LA

At the bottom of your son's page of chapter icons, you will see an additional icon called "test". He needs to "remember" to take the test before he proceeds to another chapter, because the arrow doesn't point to tests. To avoid my children forgetting, I tell them to look for a quiz or test at the bottom whenever they finish a page of icons. They do the quiz or test immediately, and that way they don't forget to do it.

The good news is: He can go back and take the tests now. The tests can be repeated as many times as necessary. They will be slightly different each time they are attempted.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

LivingEnriched is offline Junior Member Newbie

My daughter is currently doing 2nd grade language arts and in making a chart for her to keep track of her daily progress, we discovered there are NO tests or quizzes for the LA in 2nd grade.
    If you look at the lesson plans, the icon has an N in it...means none available. There are quizzes and tests for the LA Extentions for 2nd grade.

Petra

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Tests and quizzes for the core language arts curriculum are integrated within the program. You will see that some of the lesson activities are actually called "Quiz". This sometimes creates some confusion, since they aren't indicated with a separate icon at the bottom of the page.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

jsogden is offline Junior Member Newbie

So I'm not crazy after all! Yeah! A little disappointed though that there are not any tests and/or quizes for the LA Chapters. I guess I will need to find another way to make sure the material is really staying with him. I may just repeat some of the lesson activities. I have a feeling at the rate we are going through it, we could easily cycle back through it all!

Thanks everyone!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

alright now, don't get ahead of yourself ... there was nothing saying that you weren't crazy!!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!