Completed Science lessons this soon??
    momto2angels is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Completed Science lessons this soon??

We've only been a member for about 2 weeks now, but it looks like all of my daughter's Science lessons are completed.....I looked today, and it looks like there were a total of 21 lessons, and when i went back and looked to make sure, all of the lessons and inner lessons have check marks, saying completed. My question is, will more science lessons be added, or do i move her on to 3rd grade?? It doesn't seem like she should be finished with Science in only 2 weeks of working, but maybe that is possible? I know i didn't overlook any assignments, so maybe someone can help me with this. Thanks so much!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Science and social studies are offered as free bonuses. From third grade on, science and social studies are very complete. Until third grade, many parents supplement Time4Learning science and social studies with other things. Here is a recent thread that addresses similar issues. I really like the science worksheets at LearningPage.com that I mentioned in that thread.

Here is another similar thread.

Also, I can share with you that I had my second graders do the first grade science, too. It's fun and there was a lot in there that they hadn't yet learned. Are you using the printable resources? They extend the science lessons even further. There are many more resources if you log in as a parent and click on Teaching Guides and Answer Keys.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Ah okay! That explains it!! Thanks so much. Can she switch back now to 1st grade science, or would i need to have an administrator to do that for me? I know we can do that on our own, by clicking at the top, but i would like for all of the work to be graded, so how do i do that? Haven't checked out the resources yet, as my printer wasn't working, but now that it's up and running again, i will check it out. Alyssa is doing so wonderfully with everything, and we just love Time4learning. Thanks again, you are always so helpful!!

Okay, i decided to send in a permanent change for 1st grade Science. Now once she's completed the 1st grade Science, would i need to make the adjustment once again, should we decide to go on to the 3rd grade level? I might or might not, depending on the resources. There's some great info. on the sites you recommended, so i will definitely check into it. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yes, when you are ready for her to move to third grade science, just request the "permanent" change again. You may do that as often as you need to. Even if you switch back-and-forth yourself, though, her work will be graded and show up on her reports.

There's nothing wrong with going through all the science lessons again, late in the school year. Often a few months maturity allows kids to understand some things they missed the first time around. Some kids balk at doing that, but the lessons are so enjoyable that one of my daughters was very happy to do so.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!