Confused need help
    pankerbelle is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Confused need help

I am new to the program and having some difficulty with the lessons plans. We are starting with Prek 1.
    First question, there is no little backpack in my our launch pad nor is the box that allows you to put the lesson number in.
    Next question, When I access the lesson plans I find two different things ( I think lol ) One set is really expanded on the themes and has the down-loadable guides, but none of the content matches whats in our launch pad. One set is brief a description of each lesson, and matches what is in our lp.

What am I missing the expanded plans will say things like read ebook.... but I find no ebook.
    I am really frustrated, Ive been fooling with it for 3 days and I know its prolly just something I am not doing correctly. We were so looking forward to starting this tomarrow....HELP lol

Lena is offline Member

Hi there. I'm new to all of this too. I just added my prek 1 kiddo to T4L the other day. And to be honest, I didn't even look at the lesson plans. I simply logged him in, and he started the activities. Some of which he loved and wanted to do over and over. I experienced similar frustration to yours when I started my 1st grader, in that I couldn't find things that I wanted and things just didn't make sense. What I did was just start, and get in there and click around. I know this is maybe not the advice you were hoping for, but it's what I did and I feel like I am figuring it out, as we go.

For my preschooler, I don't really worry about it at all, as I believe anything he does/learns here is a bonus. Maybe I should worry about it more, but I feel that at his age, he is mostly learning by doing and we do lots of learning just by living life and talking about it.

Hope this helps, somewhat.

Lena is offline Member

and when I say "log him in" I mean by going here: Lower Level Time4Learning Login

I also have no backpack, I think that is for kinder on up, not preschool. The preschool section seems to be newer to T4L. After he is logged in, on the lower left hand side of the screen there are a few clickable links, one of which is reports. This lets us see what our preschooler has done, his last time doing each activity and how many activities he has completed. (very different from the reports generated for my first grader). The hints and help link is also helpful and designed for the preschool section.

I hope that helps some too.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Most of the Time4Learning lessons were developed by CompassLearning, who only provides them to schools. Time4Learning has acquired a license that allows them to offer them to individuals.

The preschool program was written and developed by Time4Learning itself. For that reason, and because preschoolers learn differently than older children, the format is somewhat different.

There is no backpack, because preschoolers aren't really ready for grades. Look at the small links at the left of the student's launchpad, though, and you will find one for reports. That provides the kind of appropriate feedback parents need regarding their preschooler's activity: how many times an activity was completed, the last time it was accessed, and so forth.

pankerbelle, it sounds like you might also have some kindergarten lessons on your launchpad. Are you sure you aren't looking at the kindergarten lesson plans?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!