Creating an assignment and question about viewing completed assignments
    Mandy Nance Mealer is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Creating an assignment and question about viewing completed assignments

Sorry I am totally new here and now that we've finally completed some work today I wanted to view the progress to get a feel for everything and I'm already having issues.

I can see what assignments my son completed and the score on the quizzes. However, the score isn't clickable so that I can see any details. One assignment we scored low on purposefully so that I could see what happened and upon retaking the quiz and scoring 100%, the original score of 40% did not update.

Also under the assignments tab I don't find a way to create a daily or weekly assignment list for him. If he could log in and see what I want him to do for the day that would be awesome and then I could see what he has completed from those specific assignments. Am I making sense? LOL

Again, sorry. If anyone can help with the above questions it would be greatly appreciated.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Be sure to read the Getting Started Guide and all of the Hints, available under the Help/FAQs tab at the top of this page.

When you log in to the portfolio to see your student's score, you will automatically be taken to the Recent Work tab. ALL program access appears here . . . even incomplete work. This is just a quick place to check usage. Click on the Reports tab, and you will be able to customize a report according to subject, date, or type of activity. Most of the tests and writing assignments will be clickable and printable from that tab.

The Assignments function is not used by Time4Learning. Because Time4Learning use curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools, the Assignments function doesn't work for individuals. Instead, there is a flashing arrow to point the way.

You can also log in to your parent account and access the lesson scheduler, to get an idea of how many activities your student needs to complete each week. I just tell my kids how many lesson activities in each subject to do each day. It's nice to print the lesson plans, and check off each lesson when it's completed. That way, you know if there's a test or quiz coming up, as it's easy for student's to "forget" to do these.

Time4Learning uses the typical "school" way of figuring a percentage score. A second attempt's score doesn't replace the first score. Instead, all attempts are averaged into the total. You can see why that would be good for a school, who wouldn't want a student requiring several attempts to receive the same score as a student who scored well the first time. If you want to use another method of figuring the score (and there are many methods), just disregard the total and use the date provided to calculate a total your own way.

I hope ethis helps answer your questions. Please feel free to ask more as the need arises.

Oh . . . and welcome to Time4Learning!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Mandy Nance Mealer is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you!!

Default Ditto that - Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy Nance Mealer View Post
    Thank you!!

I had been clicking and clicking trying everything I could to figure out how to create an assignment. Sure would be nice if this feature worked for us. Alas, I will no longer wrack my brain trying to figure out what I'm missing.

Thanks again!

Karen
    2 weeks new to T4L with 2 boys (K & 1st Grade) who are "pretty into it"!

Jackie75 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Ok I was trying to figure out how he could do assignments on there also. So basically I can print out the assingments and have him to them? I was confused because it says on the lesson plans worksheet and answer sheet. IDK we just started this and I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Momma Bear is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post

The Assignments function is not used by Time4Learning. Because Time4Learning use curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools, the Assignments function doesn't work for individuals. Instead, there is a flashing arrow to point the way.
    Oh Drat!! That's exactly the main reason I signed up for online lessons! I've homeschooled my two for awhile. Recently, though, I've had a lot of out-of-state medical appointments. I was looking for something where the kids could just log on and work their way through the assignments. Double-drat! LOL!

I've used Abeka books for years, but their online or DVD prices are just out of my range.

Does anyone know of a resource that would allow my kids to log on and work through their assignments ... without me having to create lesson plans, guides, etc myself? My kids are in 5th and 7th grades and are well-equipped for self-study in most areas.

Or can someone tell me the simplest way to have an assignment schedule for the kids? I'm totally new to T4L, so I'm not well-versed in the ways to "tweak" things!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I just tell my kids, "Every day, do two math, two language arts, one social studies . . ." etc.

if you log in as a parent, you will find a tool to help you decide how many activities your student should do each day.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I just use the activity scheduler and print off 1 week worth of assignments for him at a time.(I actually print of a couple weeks so he can work ahead and I dont have to do it as often)
    This gives him a printout he can use to cross off completed assignments as he goes. He has chosen to do math one day, science another, LA and social studies each on other days then either do music, art, spanish all on fridays from other resources we use or he will mix them in the week if he got everythin else done to fast. He knows just to use the assignment numbers and be sure he does them in order for each subject. Time4Learning has made it very easy for my son to work pretty much on his own and he loves feeling in control of his schedule for the week.