Curriculum "grade levels"
    seashell is offline Member Regular

Default Curriculum "grade levels"

My 6.25yo daughter, who would be in Kindergarten in public school, was placed nominally in 2nd grade, which, from looking at the lessons on here seems about right for her (and she and I were a little worried, looking at demo lessons for k-1st, that they would be too easy to the point of boring, so this is good). But it seems to me from looking at materials elsewhere (public school scope-and-sequence information, workbooks, etc) that she's "really" about at the start of 1st grade level, more or less.

I'm wondering if this curriculum continues this way, or if it gets more aligned with other things a little later in the grade levels. It doesn't much matter to me, of course, we'll just do what we do, but the apparently appropriate placement of my daughter into the 2nd grade level has me idly wondering about it.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The curriculum used by Time4Learning is aligned with state and national standards. Are you saying it seems easier than the public school curriculum that you're accustomed to? That might be because it's presented in such a fun way.

Many schools use Time4Learning as their curriculum.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

seashell is offline Member Regular

Well, I'm actually not at all familiar with the public school curriculum , except for looking at state education departments' scope and sequence listings online, a little. My daughter has never been to school. I'm mostly comparing it to workbooks, which we haven't used much, either (I get them because she wants them), but seems currently at the start of 1st grade ones, for both math and reading.

She cannot yet read, or so she thinks, so I suspect we will back off to some of the 1st grade Language Arts lessons if she finds the 2nd grade ones frustrating. She loves the 2nd grade level math, though (and really enjoyed the geometry demo lessons for 3rd/4th). I imagine my wondering is really the result of needing to get familiar with what time4learning has and does and finding her place within it, if she's interested. She's gotten where she is without coercion, and that's how we will continue; I am hopeful that she will find time4learning valuable, and she is very excited about it.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Click here to view Time4Learning's scope and sequence, if you haven't already found it.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!