Cyber Ed Science Option
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    chemcindy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Cyber Ed Science Option

If you got to www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org , they are sponsoring a new group buy through the end of February for CyberEd Plato Science which includes Life Sci, Physical Sci, Earth Sci, Biology, and Chemistry.

I already purchased Life and Physical for my son. This sounds like a good option for our kids that are in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade to supplement the science part of the curriculum.

The way it works is that you register for free at the website. And then members get to buy from the group buys. They said that CyberEd just became available like last year for homeschoolers. Previously only available for schools. Right now the price is $50/life, $45 for physical, and $45 for earth science for a year subscription. The more who sign up the cheaper it gets. I think the deadline is near the end of February.

Of course, since I already ordered, I'm hoping more will join in so that I can pay less.

Thanks
    Cindy

Just to get this back to the top. I think this might supplement the science part of middle school for t4l.

lillybell is offline Junior Member Newbie

Wow, I found out about cyber ed through this posting. I use time4learning as core but was looking for something to supplement the science. Something that was interactive and allowed them to see the principals in action. Well this is exactly what I was looking for but when I found it the homeschool co op had ended but after a short wait it is back up again. Seems the last co op buy didn't do too well so they weren't sure if they were going to sell it again but they decided to give it another go. I am so glad because I am definitely going to buy three of them. The Bio and Chem will need next year so hoping they will have it again by then. Here is the link to the co op buy in case anyone is looking for this. Check out the Demos they are great.

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/22099793/

We bought the life, physical and earth science programs from the group buy that ended in February. I was actually very happy with the price that it ended up at ($35, $32, and $32). This was a drop from $50, $45, and $45. Biology and Chemistry didn't do as well, but also sold the minimum of 10 subscriptions. My son has only done a couple of the lessons so far, but he seems to really like it. It doesn't keep any records though, so you have to print out the certificate of completion after every lesson.

This makes me a lot more comfortable that we will have a complete middle school experience between T4L and CyberEd. We have until the end of next year to worry about high school.

Cindy

adelenpaul is offline Member Regular

www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org is currently offering a group buy again for the CyberEd science programs. There has been great feedback on these so please help spread the word. The more people that know about it, the more frequently they can offer a group buy. This group buy expires 5-28-08 at 11:59 pm, according to their website.

Also, the FAQ says anyone anywhere in the world can purchase the programs so if you know of any outlets for spreading the news to homeschoolers overseas, please do!

We've been using the physical science program and it's been great and very flexible. Actually reminds how easy it is to use T4L!

Blessings, Adele

sheagang is offline Junior Member Newbie

What age/grade level would use this program?

Thanks,
    Penny
    Hands full with 4!

There are two different levels. The physical, earth & space and life science programs are normally for middle school (perhaps beginning high school). The biology and chemistry programs are high school (beginning college). If you're interested in more information, feel free to take a look at the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op FAQ page:
    http://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/cybered-faqs/

They have a demo for each course that you can run to make sure it's compatible with your computer.

These are available for any international customer as well. You only need to have a current co-op account (free and private) and a credit card. So, if you're an international customer - no problem!

We've used the physical science one and it has been great. They have some terrific teacher resources free online, including paper tests and study guides. The price is so reasonable as well!

Feel free to ask any other questions. I would be happy to see if I can answer them.

Blessings as you research, Adele
    [email protected]

chemcindy made the comment that CyberEd doesn't keep any records. This is true. However on the flip side it means that more than one student in a family may use the same subscription. That makes it even more economical. We only have the one homeschoolers so that isn't an issue for us but thought I would throw that out there in case it affects others.

The other feature of the CyberEd programs that I appreciate is each chapter has an application feature. You take what you've learned from a chapter and then apply it in some kind of simulation. My daughter really enjoyed those and it was a great tool for me to see if she really understood before taking the test.

~Adele
    [email protected]

sheagang is offline Junior Member Newbie

Is this just for middle school?
    Hands full with 4!

The biology and chemistry are high school levels. I know the co-op is also in conversation for a couple other high school products but nothing is confirmed yet. If you're a Homeschool Buyer's Co-op member, you can sign up to receive their newsletter and they can email you the new group buys and products when available. You specify how often (or not) you'd like to receive their newsletters.

Adele

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast