Daughter having a difficult time with math:Exponents and Scientific Notation:6th Gr
    Elisa_Hundley is offline Junior Member Newbie

Post Daughter having a difficult time with math:Exponents and Scientific Notation:6th Gr

Hello my Time4learning community,

I am reaching out to you in hopes of getting some assistance or advice on providing additional resource support for the lessons in the Time4learning Math segment. More specifically, the areas of Exponents and Scientific Notation. It appears that we could use more detail oriented lesson instructions. For example, there are two tabs. One is for a worksheet(resource) and the other tab is for taking a quiz. Consequently, we've determined that she would need more "step by step" guidance in order for her to be successful on the quiz. I'm not sure if I should've purchased additonal books, etc.

Please help by sharing your experience with the 6th grade math module or making recommendations on optimizing her experience with the module. They use this module for Homeschooling and I would imagine that there would be more support.

Thank you for your assistance with this matter.

Elisa

Skool Time is offline Senior Member

nicdev is offline Junior Member

You can go to google and google step by step examples of exponents and scientific notations. I used other math materials to go with t4l. I have a math enrichment book that is pretty well detailed. It's called developmental mathematics and I have CD's that cover basic algebra. U can find other materials in half price book stores,amazon and the sites given by senior member are good. I find that t4l can be confusing bc sometimes they don't do step by step on all their math. Without my knowledge of math and my materials we get through it just fine. Good luck and I hoped this helped.

fiddlearnd is offline Junior Member Newbie

We haven't gotten there in the 6th grade math yet, but Khan Academy has lots of great free math videos on various subjects.

Good luck!