desperate 4 playground help!!!
    markyjpa is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default desperate 4 playground help!!!

hi, we're new to time4learning & fumbling thru. (i use internet explorer7) when i hit playground it says welcome, then quickly says goodbye. i changed the timer to 0. all popup blockers have been disabled. i uninstalled a ton of security stuff, thinking it was that, i lowered a ton of internet security options & added the website to my trusted list. at this point i'm vulnerable to everything except the stupid playground!!! frustrated!!! days later!!!!!
    please helpppppp!!!!!!!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry you're having difficulty. It would be nice if computers never had technical troubles, but I guess that's "the nature of the beast" . . . especially when first getting started with a program. This might take some back-and-forth dialogue. Bear with us. We'll get it figured out.

What part of the timer did you change to zero? The lesson time or the playground time?

You might have a popup blocker that you don't know about. Sometimes they are added on to other programs you download without your knowledge. Try holding down the control key as you click on the playground access link.

Next, take a look at this page and see if you can locate and disable any popup blockers that you weren't aware of previously.

Another thing to try is running in Troubleshooting mode. Do this by checking the box labeled "Run in Troubleshooting mode" when you sign in. The windows will look different. Here is an example of the difference.

If you don't get anywhere with any of that, please post what you tried and what the results were and we'll go from there.

I auto-approved you for posting, so your next post (and any future posts) will show up immediately.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default playground

thanks 4 getting back to me. i've tried cntrl key & trble sht mode, but they both get the same result

Blog Entries

Try minimizing the "goodbye" window and see if the playground window is behind it. (At the top, righthand side of the window, there are some icons: a dash, a boxy "thing", and an "x". Click on the dash to minimize the window.)

To make sure I understand your problem correctly: Your LESSONS are working fine? It's just the PLAYGROUND you are having difficulty with?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default playground

i tried to minimize it, there's no window behind it. the parent button works, but the help button doesn't. yes, lessons are working. the timer is set to 0/0. tech support suggested to use int exp 6 but it's impossible because even after uninstalling ie7, it can still be detected, & ie6 won't download. i'd like to just say lets ditch the whole playground part but of course that is the main motivator 4 my son

Blog Entries

Are you saying you telephoned Time4Learning's tech support?

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi,
    Sorry you're having such a hard time getting it to work. Please know that you can always call on us for technical support. We're happy to help.

The issue your having is caused by your Internet Explorer 7. It's doesn't work as well with our system as the previous version.

Try this link for a download of Internet Explorer 6 and that should do it for you. Internet Explorer 6

Oops, edit- Just noticed that you mentioned that you had tried downloading IE6 already. Try uninstalling IE7 first and then installing IE6.

That may help.

Kris
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

Erin is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Playground rejection

Yes, I am having the same issues! It starts to welcome me to the playground, only to quickly say "Goodbye!"

We have not had access to the play ground for a few days now and I am beginning to realize I am not alone...Hmmm.

Hope someone figures this out soon! We miss our favorite BrainPop Jr. movie of the week!

Good Luck!

Erin & Family