Different ways to read same story 2nd grade LA extensions
    SherriD is offline Junior Member

Default Different ways to read same story 2nd grade LA extensions

I am wondering if my grandson (2nd grade)is to read and reread these LA extensions, or just choose the one that he can read himself. There are several on the same story, read to me, read along, read by myself, and I can read. The story is the same. Do I have him do them all? He gets frustrated. He is a fast reader. He makes 180 - 200 on fluency wpm. He seems to be getting bored with doing all the different ways. (sighs and says I already did this.) What do you think?

Thanks,

Sherri

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Because there is a huge difference in reading abilities among students at that age, the stories are presented in several formats so you can choose the appropriate one for your student. He is not expected to do them all.

Some people also wonder about the difference between "Read By Myself" and "I Can Read". One is simply an online book. The other allows the student to click on difficult words and hear them read.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

SherriD is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the clarification!

Sherri