Difficulty logging out...
    RobMikeMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Difficulty logging out...

I am having this problem that when I click to logout from the Launch Pad (Lower Level School), it closes the window and then very quickly, it pops back up a new window with the launch pad. I have to be very quick about clicking that logout and then getting to the window behind it (where the timer and playground icons are) and clicking its Exit button before that window shows back up. Anyone else having this kind of problem when exiting T4L? I thought at first that it was because I am on Windows Vista, but my boys' systems are on Windows XP SP2 and the same thing happens on their system. Is it an IE7 problem?

Thanks,
    Cindy in Reno, NV
    (fraternal twin boys, 9 yo)
    Cindy, homeschooling mom to
    fraternal twin boys, 9 yo

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Cindy,

It's actually 'built' that way. You just have to close the window with the timer on it for the launchpad to stop popping up. That, I believe, only happens when you have clicked the "click here for lesson time" link, which, if you have pop up blockers enabled, you generally have to do. Or if you closed the launchpad and reopened it using that link, same thing will happen.

Do you have popup blockers installed? If so, and you turn them off, you should stop seeing that issue since you wouldn't then need to click the link to get the launchpad to pop up.

Hope this helped.
    Kris
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

I turned it off (even though I have already added the T4L web site as allowed popups), and I still didn't get the window popped up today. However, I did see that they are doing work today on the server and that might be affecting how it works.

I did get a small window popped up with the message "This is a Popup Test Window for Time4Learning". On one boys' account, it pops up and then disappears immediately. On the other boys' account, I get 2 of them popped up and the stay up. But I don't get the Launchpad right now. I suppose I will try again tomorrow and Monday to see if it is related to the work they are doing today.

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Cindy,

I agree, today may not be the best day for testing your own tech issues as the other tech issues going on may give you unusual results.

Are you able to close the timer window first and then the launchpad... or is it the timer window (the playground window) that you're trying to get to?

I would actually not be surprised if it was an IE7 issue. IE6 just generally works better with our system, especially regarding windows popping up here and there.

Firefox also works well.

Please do feel free to send us an email with a link to this thread and your phone number, and on Monday we'll put our heads together and see if we can't get your windows to pop up and close properly.

Thanks for your patience Cindy.

Kris
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

I am not expecting for this problem to resolve today, but I just wanted to answer your questions.

I was able to close the timer window first after a couple of attempts. I had not been successful in the past, but now I see that as long as I first activate the Adobe Flash application where the timer is, then I am able to click the Exit.

I am a software developer myself (though not Adobe Flash), and I understand that sometimes different versions of IE can perform differently. I am hoping that with my experience on Windows (since version 2.0) that I am not really having a pop-up blocker issue or security issue. I hope that I can really get this working without changing browsers. We'll see.

I'll let you know on Monday if I am still having problems. Thanks for your help on a Saturday!

Today, I didn't get it to automatically pop-up the launchpad window when I logged in. I have popups allowed on for www.time4learning.com, and I did get those little popup windows (sometimes one, sometimes two) that say "This is a Popup Test Window for Time4Learning". Most of the time, one pops up and disappears quickly. Sometimes, when 2 popup, they stay up (and I can read the text!) and then I have to close them. But I am always having to use the link to get into the launchpad. I did see this work properly once on my son's computer last week, but I wasn't paying close attention to when it did that and when it didn't. Plus, his computer is Windows XP SP2 with IE7 and mine is Windows Vista with IE. Could something besides a popup blocker be causing problems?