Do we have to do the lessons in order?
    Delkroemer is offline Junior Member

Default Do we have to do the lessons in order?

My child is doing kindergarten and I am a bit confused as to how to work through the lessons. There are "categories" or themes and they have others within them, do we spend a week just on the one category or on each of them activities within them? Hope that didn't sound confusing! Also, do we have to go in order? For math I was really wanting to ahead and do calendar, clock and coin lessons because my child is working on that with books and such outside of T4L at the moment. Any info would be appreciated!

Love and Light,

Del

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

If you want to complete the program in its recommended sequence, just follow the flashing arrow!

If not, you can access separate lessons in any order that you wish. Math can be challenging to do that way since, often, one concept builds upon another.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

BalletMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have a similar issue. I want my kids to go in order due to the fact that one concept builds upon another, and they were skipping around even within each of the various chapters in all the subjects. How can I prevent them from doing this. It not only makes it confusing for them, but difficult for my record-keeping. Talking to them about the importance of this has NOT helped. (by the way, they are 9 and 10 year olds).

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Are they skipping around because they don't understand how to do the lessons in sequence, or are they skipping around because they choose to do so, despite your instructions?

If they don't understand how to do the lessons in sequence, you could provide a printout of the lesson plans for them to check off each lesson as it is completed. Seeing "the whole thing" in front of them helps many kids understand.

If they do understand, but are ignoring your instructions . . . well, that's probably something we've all had to work out our own way at some point in our parenting journey.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!