Does time4Learning teach
    Karelia is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Does time4Learning teach

So far all my 7th grader and I see are activities that assume we all ready know how to do something like using decimals not anything that Teaches the student how to do something they have never been introduced to.
    My question is does Time 4 Learning teach or just show lessons and the parent does the Intro to "insert subject here"? We're confused first timers.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning teaches, then provides practice and, finally, evaluates what the student has learned. If the program is assuming your student already knows something, it's because it was taught at a lower level. You do have easy access to the level below his registered legal. You can also look at the lesson plans in your parent login, determine the lesson activities you want him to do (even if they are many grade levels below his registered level), and input the lesson activity number in the Activity Finder to gain access to the activity.

Hang on and I will see where decimals are introduced/taught.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

Decimals are introduced in third grade. My kids have actually enjoyed stepping down to learn or re-learn something, because the lessons are so fun at the lower levels. I have told them each curriculum has its own ideas about when to teach each thing, and there's no shame in doing lower level lessons if it's something they need to learn. It's all about learning . . . REALLY learning something.

I've also struggled with making my schedule of lessons for the year, and then needing to slow down to provide extra practice. It messes up all my plans! Still, there is no point in moving on, just for the sake of moving on. I really want them to learn this stuff, and they don't HAVE to move on with the rest of the class, the way they would in a typical classroom.

Here are the third and fourth grade lessons that introduce decimals. You might also want to have him do some of the fifth and sixth grade decimals practice, too.

Relate fractions to decimals: 34174 and 34175
    Write decimals to hundredths: 34187, 34188, and 34189
    Compare and order decimals: 41017, 41018, and OW41018
    Write decimals as fractions: 41022 and 41023
    Add and subtract decimals: AT4040, AT4041, AT4042, 41025, 41026, and OW41026

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Karelia is offline Junior Member Newbie

Ok, thanks for the guidance. How were you finding where "subject" is first introduce, just going backwards in grades? We'll be working on it thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Decimals are introduced in third grade. My kids have actually enjoyed stepping down to learn or re-learn something, because the lessons are so fun at the lower levels. I have told them each curriculum has its own ideas about when to teach each thing, and there's no shame in doing lower level lessons if it's something they need to learn. It's all about learning . . . REALLY learning something.

I've also struggled with making my schedule of lessons for the year, and then needing to slow down to provide extra practice. It messes up all my plans! Still, there is no point in moving on, just for the sake of moving on. I really want them to learn this stuff, and they don't HAVE to move on with the rest of the class, the way they would in a typical classroom.

Here are the third and fourth grade lessons that introduce decimals. You might also want to have him do some of the fifth and sixth grade decimals practice, too.

Relate fractions to decimals: 34174 and 34175
    Write decimals to hundredths: 34187, 34188, and 34189
    Compare and order decimals: 41017, 41018, and OW41018
    Write decimals as fractions: 41022 and 41023
    Add and subtract decimals: AT4040, AT4041, AT4042, 41025, 41026, and OW41026

Blog Entries

Yes, and a lot of times it says, "Introduction to . . . "