Does your state require a state study? Here's help.
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Post Does your state require a state study? Here's help.

If yours is one of the states that requires home schoolers to a state study, here's help:

U.S. States Study

Kansas, Maine, Michigan, North Dakota, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Vermont all mention a study of THEIR state in their homeschool laws.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

maryc927 is offline Member

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for these great ideas. Do you know who or which company makes the 'State Study Workbooks'? I really need to get going on this for our kids in the fall and I should be taking care of it now.

Thanks again and I hope you have a great Resurrection Sunday with your family,
    Mary

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You might want to look here for some great ideas. This link doesn't seem to have all the states, but it's a start. The Star Spangled Workbook looks fun. I know there was another one that we used to subscribe to but I can't think of the name of it right now. It was one of those book of the month type things. You got a different state every month. My son was too young for it at the time so we stopped getting it. If I can find the name I will let you know.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Which Way USA

Here's the series I was thinking of. Which Way USA. It's from Highlights For Children.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There are loads of these little workbooks available. I've even seen some in the "Workbook" section of department stores. Search "states and capitals" online.

Teacher Created Materials has several. Here's one.

I'll repeat, though: This type of workbook satisfies "requirements", because you have "proof". They aren't the best way to actually teach this, though. In my experience, students spend a lot of time working through the book, and retain very little of the material covered.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Elena is offline Junior Member

Thank you the information is very helpful. I am new to homeschooling (has been 1 month) and am still trying to get organanized and obtain the needed lessons.