Dual Enrollment

Thread: Dual Enrollment

kloving70 is offline Junior Member

Default Dual Enrollment

Anyone else dual enrolled? Care to share your experience?

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kloving70 View Post
    Anyone else dual enrolled? Care to share your experience?
    Both my big boys have been dual enrolled at the community college while in high school. My oldest began classes his junior year of high school and my second began classes summer after his junior year. It was no problem.

I plan to start my youngest even sooner, because, thanks to having older siblings and homeschooling from the beginning, he will be ready sooner.

Did you have any specific questions?
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

kloving70 is offline Junior Member

My daughter is only 8 LOL...although I will be interested in college dual enrollment at some time I was wondering if anyone was dual enrolled in their local school district so they could take advantage of the extra curriculars offered there. I do not have a local HSAP and my daughter is already open enrolled out of our school district...if for some reason we do not continue long term with homeschooling, I do not want to lose our open enrolled status from her current school. I am not unhappy with the offerings at her current school, just think due to her ADHD she would be better served one on one at home...but might consider one 1/2 day a week at public school for art/music/band etc. Plus she would be available for athletics/prom etc in the future.

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kloving70 View Post
    My daughter is only 8 LOL...although I will be interested in college dual enrollment at some time I was wondering if anyone was dual enrolled in their local school district so they could take advantage of the extra curriculars offered there. I do not have a local HSAP and my daughter is already open enrolled out of our school district...if for some reason we do not continue long term with homeschooling, I do not want to lose our open enrolled status from her current school. I am not unhappy with the offerings at her current school, just think due to her ADHD she would be better served one on one at home...but might consider one 1/2 day a week at public school for art/music/band etc. Plus she would be available for athletics/prom etc in the future.
    Oh, sorry I misunderstood.

In TN there are no options like you are describing. If you homeschool, you have no access to any classes at the public school.

Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo